About

Aloha, I'm Mara!

I am an East Coast transplant, though, really, I'm an Eastern Continent Transplant, having been born and raised in the Philippines then immigrating to Canada in 2001. I now live in beautiful British Columbia with my dog Riley and my husband-to-be Richard. 

This blog/journal/online-mason-jar-full-of-half-baked-projects-and-ideas came out of a yearning for the old days- back when I felt a cathartic release of emotions whenever I yelled out into the void of the World Wide Web. 

I often look through my old Tumblr to try and piece together my attempts at being cryptic- it's so fun trying to relive and remember what I was feeling or what was happening around then. I came across a letter I had written to myself 10 years ago and felt all kinds of warm, fuzzy feelings. It was hopeful, optimistic, even a bit naive...and that's what I hope to do here; write letters to my future self.


Comments